Location: Northern Rancho, Grand Senora Desert (business)
About: Mexican drug and gun smugglers that don’t take very kindly to others in the same business although they have a small portion of turf to their name. Main rival is the Marabunta Grande who also happen to use blue as their color.
The Varrios Los Aztecas (also known as the VLA or just the Aztecas) is a Los Santos-based street gang in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
â˜… Events of GTA San Andreas
The Varrios Los Aztecas are a Mexican gang based Los Santos. Led by Cesar Vialpando, they feature in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. They are significantly less prominent than another Mexican gang in the city, their sworn enemies, the Los Santos Vagos. They dislike the San Fierro Rifa, and are also believed to be on bad terms with the Ballas. The Varrios and Grove Street Families are affiliated with each other, due to Cesar’s relationship with Kendl Johnson, and his friendship with Carl Johnson, but this does not stop Aztecas and Grove Street members attacking each other on the streets. Sunny, Gal, and Hazer are other gang veterans who help Cesar and Carl recover some of their lost territory near the end of the game.
â˜… Events of Grand Theft Auto V
In the storyline,Â theÂ VLAÂ are at war with Trevor Philips Enterprises over theÂ weapons trade in Blaine County. After Trevor destroy’s Ortega’s drug trailer, the VLA decide to take him down. Several VLA members attack the Sandy Shores meth lab, but end up defeated.
The Aztecas also appears in Trevor’s arms smuggling side mission, during the air missions, they appear in just one mission, where they are reunited in four different groups across Blaine County and need to be destroyed by Trevor, using bombs dropped by a plane. During the land missions, they appear again in just one mission where they try to pick a arms package before Trevor.
An Azteca mugs a woman at the ATM during a random event in West Vinewood.
The Varrios Los Aztecas are a Mexican street gang that have been described as an “extremely dangerous Hispanic street gang” and as “violent, proud and psychotic”. They are heavily involved in arms dealing/gun-running, gang-banging, gang warfare, street violence, murder, illegal street racing, low-riding and vandalism.
The Varrios are traditionally anti-narcotics, with heavy involvement in gun running and street violence, and they only have a few territories compared to other gangs, and these are clustered around the southwestern areas of Eastern Los Santos. Varrios Los Aztecas members are mostly seen wearing turquoise bandanas and sunglasses, dressed in ‘cholo’ style clothing of the time. The Varrios are also traditionally into low-riding and have betting competitions which are called the Lowrider Challenge which can be found at Unity Station after talking to a man with a bandana and gray working outfit on the outside wall of the station’s parking lot.
Varrios Los Aztecas members are usually armed with pistols and Micro Uzis. However, they can be seen with different weapons in some missions. When spotting a Grove Street Families, Ballas, Los Santos Vagos, San Fierro Rifa, Da Nang Boy. San Fierro Triad, or Italian Mafia gang member, they will often react with hostility, usually resulting in either a fistfight or a shootout.
Their gang vehicles are the Broadway, Hermes, and Glendale. Like with any other gang, the Varrios Los Aztecas can be made to drive any vehicle the player chooses by modifying the cargrp.dat file. Their favorite radio station is Playback FM.
- The territories of the Varrios Los Aztecas are 4 and, depending on the in-game days, are available during and after the mission Home Coming (it has been taken over by the Los Santos Vagos during that time, making the total territory counts to 57 instead of 53 originally). And it is unavailable after the mission Los Desperados because the Varrios Los Aztecas is taken over the territory (Going back the total territory counts to 53).
- Strangely, despite Cesar and CJ’s alliance, the Varrios Los Aztecas will occasionally attack CJ and members of the Grove Street Families with no provocation whatsoever. They will always follow him, taunting and insulting Grove Street the entire way. Even if the player responds negatively to wearing Grove colors, the Aztecas will still sometimes attack anyway. They are just as hostile as any other enemy gang.
- The Varrios Los Aztecas likely draw influence from the various SureÃ±os 13 gangs in Los Angeles.
â˜… Other gangs in Grand Theft Auto V
- Families (Green)
- Ballas (Purple)
- Los Santos Vagos (Yellow)
- Varrios Los Aztecas (Cyan)
- Marabunta Grande (DarkBlue)
- Madrazo Cartel (LightBlue)
- The Lost MC (Orange)
- Rednecks (Red)
- Los Santos Triads (Maroon)
- Kkangpae (Brown)
- Armenian Mob (Grey)
- Gambetti Crime Family (Silver)
- Hippies (Magenta)
- The Professionals (Black)
- Trevor Philips Enterprises (White)
- Merryweather Security (Olive)
You can play online with all these gangs on Los Santos GANG Wars server !