Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:12 pm 

Hello all.
I dont know if i post in the good place, i don't really know where to ask.

I would like to open a dedicated server for my own mod. It is a stuntridding mod with few tunables stunt bikes, stunt tricks animations, and scripts to run them.
The problem is my script to call the tricks is a dotNet script, i dont know how to get it work in IV:MP.
I have downloaded the server 0.1 T3 and run it, and i can go on it with the 127.0.0.1:9999 but "canyouseeme.org" can't find the server so i think it's still offline?
And on my server i can't run my animations, i searched on google how to make a animations squirell script but can't find. I am very noob in scripting, JulioNIB helped me with the DotNet but he don't know squirell.
As i know you are the last IV:MP community i hope to find some help here.

If you want to check my mod i can give you the website link (if i have the rights)

I really hope anyone can help me, i spend more than 800 hours working on this mod, the beta release was 1 year ago and i am like i did all that work for nothing because no multiplayer avaliable for this mod.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:10 am 
Site Admin

Hello Baluz,

Opening a iv:mp dedicated server is still possible, but in game server browser is down. To promote it you will have to use game-state website for example.

Your scripts won't work in iv:mp, you will have to rewrite all your work in squirrel using iv:mp wiki :(

Also know that there is no animations in iv:mp 0.1 T3, animations are available in iv:mp T4 and RC* only, which are very unstable releases.

I think that my players are interested in your mod, you are allowed to promote it in GTA IV mods section of this forum.

Good luck dude :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:32 am 

Hello and thanks for answer.
Sadly my scripter left me to go to play ARK... i already learned animations, 3d modelling, and textures skills alone. my brain is full of informations, i already followed a shitload of tutorials without understand a word about what i am reading. I think i am not made for scripts things.
Anyway if animations aren't supported the mod is useless (a stunt mod without tricks is like a skate or FMX game without tricks...)
I have my animations and the script supported on IVMP-0.1-Beta-1-R2-2 but i read somewhere the servers are down now.
I looked up for IV:Play too, a new CitizenFX multiplayer, but everything is .lua scripted... so same thing as .nut... im just lost...
sad to see a lot of possibilities i can't use. I can't continue developpement alone, and GTA scripters are too busy or lazy to help me so i think i will stop everything. The mod will keep a borring solo player. (info: +800 hours of dev, less than 3 hours of play... yay)
I'm sick of saying it but i think MSK&BLZ Stunt Mod is over.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

You should be proud of your work, not everybody can create a single player mod as you did.
You didn't do this work for nothing, share it, some other guys will maybe use it and improve it (and maybe some other guys will love your vehicles handling). More over you learned a lot when you created your mod. It will be useful for your future projects.
Don't be afraid with .lua (and .nut), it is very simple scripting languages. You are young, be patient, and continue to work, it will "pay" one day.
Be optimistic, 800 hours of dev is nothing in a geek life ;)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:00 pm 

hehe i'm almost 30 :D
i would learn scripts if someone coach me but too difficult alone :|
otherwise thanks, what you said is encouraging.
Is there french people in community?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
hehe i'm almost 30 :D

I'm almost 40 :D

Quote:
Is there french people in community?

Yes.
(Oui, mais tous de passage, ils restent en général 1 an puis traçent leur route, c'est normal. Ils reviennent occasionnellement.)

PS: I didn't know IV:Play mod, thank you, I tested, but no server, no player, lol :(

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:51 am 

its all new, like one week, there is 2 servers from devs, it's very stable, no problem with 8 people on the map... LUA scripted (not squirrel)... same engine than FiveReborn. CitizenFX work really good! And then you can put mods (like cars and bikes) streamed on the server.
their objectives are like for FiveReborn, to be able to open huge mods maps, like the GTA V one in IV.
I tried to open a server but it is not working at the moment. Will be fixed in 0.7 i mean.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:39 am 
Site Admin

Ok.
I hope that they will open a wiki for scripting functions.
I will check sometimes ;)

ImageImage

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]